A Partnership for Your Health
Find out if Chronic Care
Management is right for you
What is Chronic Care Management?
What is Chronic Care Management?
Chronic Care Management (CCM) supports people like you who have multiple chronic health conditions. It is often difficult and frustrating to keep track of medications, appointments, follow ups and periodic testing for all of your health conditions. CCM is a coordinated approach to keeping you healthy. Your team will be working with you to design a plan of care just for you.
At Community Health we want you to receive the best care possible from everyone who is involved in your treatment plan.
What are some chronic conditions?
- High Blood Pressure
- Heart Disease
- Any other chronic disease
Why is it Important for you to enroll in CCM?
- It can be overwhelming for patients with multiple chronic conditions to take the right medications at the right time.
- It can be very hard to figure out how to balance the advice given to you by different healthcare providers.
- Chronic Care Management is a program that guides you on the right path to wellness by creating a manageable routine.
Once you enroll in CCM, you will spend less time managing your care and have more time to focus on the other important parts of your life like your family, your home or your job!
How does Chronic Care Management work?
CCM provides you with direct access to a dedicated personal Care Manager and Care Team that is available to you by phone, email or direct face to face contact. You don’t need to go into the office in order to ask a question or get an update on a medication or a lab result. Information about your care is coordinated in one place.
What services does CCM provide?
- Personalized help from a dedicated Care Manager who will work with you to set up ongoing appointments and communicate with you regularly.
- Care coordination between your doctor, pharmacy, specialists, testing centers, hospitals and other services.
- At least 20 minutes per month of phone or email chronic care management services.
- Provide assistance with any community needs or services.
- Help you manage medications by ensuring they are up-to-date and make good sense for your plan of care.
- Expert assistance with setting and meeting your health goals.
Who is eligible to receive CCM and how do I enroll?
People with two or more chronic conditions expected to last at least 12 months are eligible to receive Chronic Care Management services. Ask your health care provider at Community Health for details about Chronic Care Management and how to enroll in the program.
Our patients who are enrolled in the Chronic Care Management program are already benefiting from the coordinated care it provides.
Get started on a path to wellness with CHCRR and Chronic Care Management.
Contact your healthcare provider at Community Health to enroll in the Chronic Care Management program and find out how we can help you create a health care plan that takes into account all aspects of your care.
Here are some success stories:
“After a home visit done with a patient getting out of the hospital, he wasn’t able to get to the office and was confused about his medication. I reviewed his meds and discussed our program. His response was, ‘I think that this is great that you offer this program.’ He and his wife were very happy.”
— Melissa, Care Manager
“An elderly patient with multiple medical issues was taking 27 medications by multiple prescribers. I helped organize and update the current medications to avoid confusion about instructions for use. The education I provided was greatly appreciated. Coordination with the pharmacy and with specialists was crucial to avoid re-hospitalization. I continue to check with the patient on a monthly basis.”
— Susan, Care Manager